So as I have mentioned on my social media accounts, I have been busy the past 2 weeks with final exams for my grad school program. I finished my very last final just last night, but I thought it would be a fun post to round up my top final exam essentials (& what helped me survive finals week)! Since Christmas is only 11 days away, this can also double as a gift guide because all of these things are def winter must-haves in my opinion! Hope y'all enjoy :)
1. Bath & Body Works Candles: So I have a serious problem: I may or may not have about 12 of these around the house...but they are SO amazing! They seriously smell like no other candle you've ever smelt before (haha) and they are great quality (as in they last for a while). Not to mention, they always have specials so they are relatively inexpensive. A couple of weeks ago they had their once a year $8.50 special. We went and bought 6 that day, plus we were able to use a coupon...literal obsession! Right now online they are $12.50 (& they always allow you to use coupons). These are perfect to light this time of year & make a great gift! A couple of my fave scents right now are Evergreen & Tis the Season (pictured below)!
2. G2 Pilot Ink Pens (1.0 mm): Y'all, these pens are AMAZING. I love a bold gel pen and these are hands down my absolute favorite. Obviously I needed a good pen to get through finals, but I also use these on the reg at work & when writing down important dates in my agenda. Make sure if you like bold to get the 1.0 mm (I've tried the 0.7 and 0.5 before but nothing writes like the 1.0!). Also, when the ink runs out, you can get the refill ink for less (here) instead of having to replace the whole pen! These would make a cute gift along with #3...
3. Kate Spade Agenda & Create 365: The Happy Planner: So ever since I was in middle school, I have loved having a cute agenda. I used to spend hours decorating the front of my GPS agenda in middle & high school (I would cut pictures out of magazines and laminate the front; pretty stylish I know). So needless to say, I still love a cute agenda. Not to mention I seriously need one to keep track of all my school assignments + work + wedding planning. This past year I used the black & white striped Kate Spade agenda pictured and it was super cute yet functional. I liked that it had enough room to write out all of my important dates. I personally prefer a larger sized planner but this Kate Spade one comes in multiple sizes (I linked the size I have above). For next year, I bought the "This Is Your Year" planner which I felt was PERF since 2017 is OUR year....when we get married!! Also the black/gold/white are part of our wedding colors so I just had to buy it. My co-workers always talk about how much they love the Create 365 planners. You can customize them with stickers & dividers. I bought this one ready-made at Michael's. Just an FYI, there is usually always a coupon online you can use in the store at Micheal's, so this ended up only costing me around $12!! Score 👏
4. Cozy blanket: This faux fur blanket was one of my Black Friday finds and I am seriously obsessed. It is not only warm and cozy but fashionable. On any day when I'm at home (whether I'm studying or just relaxing), you can find me under a blanket (because I'm always cold!) & this one is my new favorite. This would also make a fabulous gift.
5. Fleece lined leggings (and a similar brand here): So I recently bought these Nicole Miller fleece lined leggings at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago & went back to buy another pair because I loved them so much! As I mentioned in #4, I am ALWAYS cold, so fleece lined leggings provide extra warmth while being comfy while I study or hang out at home! Win-win. And I love to pair these leggings with #6....
6. Piko shirts: I discovered the Piko brand at one of my favorite local boutiques, Cotton & Twine when I was shopping with my girlfriend one day and she said they were AMAZING. Obviously I had to try one for myself and now I own them in about 4 different colors. They are seriously so comfortable and so easy to style with so many things. Layer them with a scarf/jacket/leggings & you have an instant outfit. I spent many days studying in my Piko shirt & leggings so I could at least TRY to look cute while I was studying, HAHA! Andddd these make a great gift; I bought one for my cousin last year for Christmas & she loves it! See how I have styled Piko in the past here, here and here.
7. Starbucks Holiday Blend Blonde Roast K-Cups: Naturally I needed some caffeine to get through final exams, and the Starbucks Holiday K-Cups caught my eye in the store. I tried the regular first which I loved, but I like a little lighter roast, so the blonde Holiday roast is my favorite in the holiday line! And of course to drink your Starbucks coffee you need #8....
8. Cute Christmas Coffee Mug (see links below): When I saw this "Making Spirits Bright" Mug at Michael's, I knew I had to have it! It is the perfect addition to my delicious coffee (somehow drinking coffee out of a cute cup just makes it taste better, don't ya think? 😉 ). Not to mention, this is a great Christmas gift! I got my Nana & sister-in-laws the Anthropologie mugs I have linked below for Christmas one year. These are a very cute and affordable gift option for the coffee drinkers in your life! And if you know they have a Keurig, you could also pair some K-Cups with it for a great gift!
And, last but not least...
10. Boom Chicka Pop Frosted Sugar Cookie: Well this popcorn is definitely ruining my wedding diet! This is the perfect snack to have around during the holidays. I absolutely love to eat popcorn during Christmas (yes I'm the person who buys the $5 popcorn bin at Wal-Mart), and this popcorn caught my eye first of all because of the ADORABLE label/branding...then the flavor is what had me totally sold! Frosted sugar cookie!? Yes please! I have tried a couple of other flavors in this line, but this is definitely mine (and my fiancé's) favorite! Be sure to get you a bag next time you're at the grocery store, it's definitely delicious!
Thank y'all so much for reading! I hope this post gives you some ideas for gift giving (for yourself or others), or maybe an idea of what you need to get through finals next time if you're still in school. Have a fabulous rest of your week, dolls!